8.13.2010

Metroid II: Quick Impressions

Hey,

Right now I'm going to do a quick piece on what I think of Metroid II: Return of Samus. I don't have long, and I also haven't gotten too far into the game, so this will just be a quickie. The cartridge arrived in the mail yesterday, and the first thing I did when I got home was tear open the package and pop it in to my Super Game Boy. Let me say this: the default color palette on the SGB is hideous. Samus looks ok (she's rendered in red and yellow), but the background is green. Yeah, like a sickly green. I played with it like that for about 2 seconds before switching to the greyscale palette which replicates the way the game appeared on the original Game Boy. I only played to the first save station, but I like the new features that this game introduced such as crouching and shooting down, which make it much better than the original Metroid. Right now I have 33 Metroids left, and so far so good. I must say that the default palette on the Game Boy Advance is much, much prettier than the default on the SGB. See you next mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment