8.15.2010

New Other M Trailer (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

This post discusses the latest American trailer for Metroid: Other M. I will keep the text mostly spoiler-free, but attached photos are taken directly from the trailer. READ AT OWN RISK.

Greetings,

Yes, I know that a Sunday post is a bit late to talk about a trailer that premiered on Friday night (or early Saturday morning, depending on your time zone), but I've been without Internet access for the past couple of days (*gasp*) so I'll share my thoughts now. Also, this is the first time that I will attempt to attach pictures to a post! I email all my blog posts in from my iPod touch (the blog equivalent of "phoning it in"), so we'll see if it works or not. Don't be surprised if the pictures all clump up at the bottom of the post or even fail to appear at all. Here we go...

The first thing that I would like to point out is the darkening of Samus's visor. It appears that she does this when prepping for combat, as the story sequences have the visor slightly see-through, while when preparing for combat her visor will go opaque green. Also, this latest trailer showed many shots of the "Samus Screen", a screen showing your current equipment that debuted in Super Metroid. The items shown activated in the trailer are grayed out, but highlighted upon activation. My guess is that the grayed out text is added to the Samus Screen when the item is found, and the text goes from gray to yellow when Adam authorizes the item. Also interesting to note is that the SPOILER:

Speed Booster and Shinespark appear to be authorized separately, and the Grapple Beam can be used in both third and first person.

END SPOILER. I will now attempt to attach the photos, which are spoiler-ish in nature. Although they reveal no plot elements whatsoever (the trailer contained no speaking, although Samus grunted a couple times), if you wish to be kept in the dark regarding items then do not look at the pictures. See you next mission!
UPDATE: Couldn't get the photos to work, if someone knows how to attach multiple photos from an iPod touch then email me. You can watch the video on Gametrailers. For those too lazy to find it themselves, here's the link:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-action-metroid-other/702846
If you're one of those people who has so far been successful in going dark (example: not me) then resist the temptation to click the link. You're so close. You can make it! Anyway, see you next mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment